We all know cooking on the Himalayan pink salt is becoming a trend around the world due to its aesthetic benefits to health. But have you already heard of the Himalayan Salt Lamp?
Do you want to know what are the benefits of Himalayan salt lamps to the body? In today’s post, we are going to talk about the famous Himalayan salt lamp – we will talk about its benefits and how they act on the body.
What are Himalayan salt lamps?
They are natural rocks that have their origin in the Himalayas. They are formed from different minerals and inside you can place a candle or light bulb.
They have the ability to change the electrical charge of the air and negatively ionize it. This means, it traps positive ions (harmful to our health) and emits negative ions (which have a beneficial effect).
What’s the hygroscopic quality of Salt Lamp & how does it work?
Thanks to the hygroscopic capacity of salt. This quality makes the salt attract existing water molecules in the air, mostly positive ions that will remain trapped in the salt, instead of circulating in the air.
Also, when the salt is heated, either by the candle or by the light bulb, it releases clean water vapor back into the air, expelling negative ions (beneficial for health).
After knowing this you may think, what are ions and what do they have to do with health and mood? Well, keep reading; we are going to go a little deeper and then we’ll add more benefits of salt lamps.
The air we breathe is made up of positive and negative ions, known as aero ions. These ions are produced by different causes, both natural and artificial, and their presence in the Earth’s atmosphere is necessary for life.
They are mainly formed by rubbing, wind and storms. Among the artificial causes are smoke, gases, heating, particles produced by friction; and atmospheric pollution destroying negative aero ions.
Positive ions put negative effects on the body, causing fatigue, headache, insomnia, depression, headaches, nausea, and respiratory problems.
Their natural ionizing factors are the cold wind, solar radiation, the movement of water, and the greater amount of humidity.
In the case of thunderstorms, positive ions predominate in the air before a storm. After the storm, negative ions predominate in the air, so a fresher and cleaner air is perceived, with a pleasant atmosphere, which is why we feel so relaxed after a rainy day.
Negative aero-ions normally occur in natural spaces, free of contamination, near water areas, and have beneficial effects for the organism since they increase physical and mental performance, produce a sensation of freshness and well-being.
What Benefits Himalayan Salt Lamp Brings To The Body
- Himalayan salt lamps have the power to remove polluting substances from the air by attracting polluting molecules in the environment and trapping them.
- Water within the lamp evaporates as it is heated, releasing negative ions that have health benefits.
- Lamps can reduce allergy symptoms by removing microscopic dust, mold, and fungus particles from the air in the rooms.
- Due to the increased concentrations of negative ions in the air, it causes us a well-being
- Negative ions help counteract electromagnetic radiation generated by electrical appliances.
- Positive ions can reduce the supply of oxygen to the brain, causing episodes of insomnia. Salt lamps help reduce this problem, causing relaxation and well-being.
- Lamps’ negative ions stimulate the brain’s supply of blood and oxygen as well as the release of serotonin, a neurotransmitter linked to happiness.
- That is why a salt lamp is great in any space where work that requires concentration is carried out, such as offices, study rooms.
- They are environmentally friendly and also consume little electric energy or we can use candles.