The pure Himalayan salt blocks add flavor and color to any dish you prepare. However, some caution is needed to ensure the durability of the salt blocks.
How long does a block of Himalayan salt last? How long a salt block lasts depends solely on how well you take care of it and your luck. In a proper environment, Himalayan salt can last for several years if handled properly. You will need to be careful in the kitchen when cleaning and heating the salt block.
It is important to store and protect a Himalayan salt slab properly so that it will last as long as possible.
Quick tips for cleaning & protecting Kitchen Salt Slab
Himalayan salt plates are beautiful pieces of gourmet cookware these plates come from the Himalayan mountain range in Pakistan and are millions of years old to keep the beauty of your natural plate. To extend its useful life be sure to properly care for it because your salt plate is a natural product it will slowly deteriorate over time.
- Salt plates come in many different colors and they may change color as you cook with them.
- Pre-heat your salt plate gradually and in stages start with a low flame to finally high flame to prevent the plate from cracking.
- For cold use, freeze your plate at least 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
- The use of frames will reduce pressure on any one point of the plate minimizing the risk of cracking.
- Frames with handles make it easier to carry reducing the risk of dropping your plate.
- Salt plates are naturally antimicrobial so there’s no need to use soap simply scrub under a small stream of running water.
- Be sure to dry it thoroughly with a clean cloth.
We hope these caring tips will help your salt plate last for many meals to come.
Do Himalayan salts expire?
Himalayan salt blocks are extracted from the Salto Mountain range of Pakistan and they existed there to million years ago. It does not expire but some naturally added ingredients may reduce their shelf life.